- VESTAX R-3 DJ MIXER
- Strictly built for professional level DJs who rock the floors across the globe.
- Significant circuitry design.
- Significant assembly parts.
- And a significant operation layout.
- Mixing songs, filtering sounds and controlling the dance floor.
- The R-3 is the ultimate control center that gives you the power to rule.
- Vestax has taken a journey back to the days when analog audio equipment was built by hand and piece-by-piece. The Vestax premium series is made strictly from following the principles of circuitry, and our passion and belief in the artists who use them.
- The R-1 was a rotary mixer with simplified specification and the first model from this series. It received excellent feedback from all over the world and completed production in 2004. Once the R-1 was on the market, we received requests from many professional DJs to design an upgraded model.
- The VESTAX R-3 has answered to these requests by adding EQs to the input, mixing and master sections, enabling intensive level control and equalization to the sound. Our goal was using the best components and parts available for a high-end mixer, answering the needs of the top professional DJ and sound engineer. Not only does the R-3 answer with superior quality, but the full aesthetics and feel of the mixer was also designed to allow the DJ to feel most comfortable and fitted to the mixer.
- From knobs with handcrafted skill, Vu Meters for precision and layout measurements made exclusively for the DJ, the design and development of the R-3 was built for the Professional.
- Tested and proved against all other high-end mixers on the market, the VESTAXR-3 will give you the best ratings for all spectrums from sound and product quality. Whether for recording, studio, mastering, hall, club or stadium the R-3 will be your final answer.
- INPUT 8 LINE IN / 0dB (RCA, LINE 8 located on the top panel)
- 5 PHONO IN / -45dB(RCA)
- 2 MIC IN / -50dB(XLR [BALANCED])
- OUTPUT 2 MASTER OUT / 0dB (XLR [BALANCED], PHONE [UNBALANCED])
- 2 BOOTH OUT / 0dB (XLR [BALANCED], PHONE [UNBALANCED])
- 2 REC OUT / -10dB (RCA [UNBALANCED], REC OUT 2 is located in the front panel)
- 2 MASTER LOOP / 0dB (RCA [UNBALANCED])
- AC-20 [V] OUTPUT AC ADAPTOR
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 55W
- MASTER SECTION
- DJ standard 3 band EQ equipped along with a parametric MID range (Variable frequency 120Hz - 10KHz, Q=6.5, 0.75select), which enables you to adjust and correct insufficient ranges and annoying frequencies caused by the acoustic of the venue.
- High sensitive VU meter applied for the master level to adjust the dance floors sensory sound level accurately and easily.
- 3 level master peak LED meter for instant peak level reading.
- Large knobs to adjust the master level volume smoothly and precisely.
- MASTER LOOP IN/OUT connection set both on the rear and front panel. The rear connection is for permanently installed effectors; the front connection is for DJs who bring in their own effectors and samplers. DJs have the choice to bypass the sound with the LOOP ON/OFF switch depending on their play style.
- DJs can record their sets easily to their own recording devices thanks to the REC OUT (RCA) terminal located on the front panel.
- PGM SECTION
- Highly trusted and durable ALPS RK27 series applied as the input level volume, holding a specially customized curve characteristic for comfortable mixing.
- The frequency of the 2 band EQs(-12dB`+12dB)on each PGM channel have been tuned to a point which is the best for dance/club music.
- Dust and moisture proof illuminated push button switches lets the DJ know which channel is on cue immediately.
- Each channel input has been located considered to its frequency of usage. LINE 8 for PGM 5 is located on the front panel for additional equipment.
- Maximum 15 stereo inputs including 5 PHONO, 8 LINE and 2 MIC assigned to 5 stereo channels.
- Each channel comes with a RIAA amplifier to allow turntables to be assigned to any PGM channel for free setups, along with a rotary type switch that provides speedy settings.
- HI +/-12dB Shelving type 10kHz
- LOW +/-12dB Peaking type center frequency 60Hz
- ISOLATOR/FILTER SECTION
- When Vestax made the world's first 3-band isolator, the boost level was limited up to +4dB to protect the sound system, for it was aimed to all kinds of users.
- Since the R-3 is for high-end professional DJs we took away the limits and raised the boost level up to +12dB to offer a full range sound.
- The filter, also well known from the PMC-37 and PMC-CX has been upgraded with a newly designed state variable filter circuitry. You have direct control of hi pass, low pass and resonance, which will expand sound workability.
- Because the filter's level characteristic is with so much peak, we have built in a protection circuitry to protect sound systems. This circuitry automatically lowers the resonance peak level when hi pass is at maximum and when low pass is at minimum.
- ROTARY KNOBS
- Superfine rotary knobs from RITEL Ltd., Switzerland fits to the DJs finger perfectly, providing the best touch of operation and allowing the DJ to go on for hours without stressing his/her fingers.
- Please note this is a US/Canada version (AC 120V)